Air Date: 1-6-2017|Episode 442
This week we welcome Mr. Phil Green owner of Green Remodeling, LLC dba Advantaclean of Madison County and Green Home Solutions. Phil is a military veteran having served 6 years in the Coast Guard…
This week we welcome Mr. Phil Green owner of Green Remodeling, LLC dba Advantaclean of Madison County and Green Home Solutions. Phil is a military veteran having served 6 years in the Coast Guard. He has 30 years of experience in the construction trades as a carpenter, electrician, and HVAC technician. He has been superintendent of million-dollar construction projects and is an adjunct professor at Southwestern IL College teaching in the technical education department. In his role as co-owner of AdvantaClean of Madison County, he provides guidance and advice in the overall management of the company. He became interested in pursuing a franchise with AdvantaClean while researching ways to expand Green Home Solutions. AdvantaClean’s service offerings and company culture was a great addition to the services already being offered by Green Home Solutions. Phil has been in the field for over 30 years and has an interesting story to tell. Franchises, green construction, radon, IAQ, mold, fire and water damage restoration are part of his daily life lets’s LEARN MORE this week on IAQ Radio!
Phil Green of AdvantaClean of Madison County was our guest on today’s episode of IAQradio. Phil’s background includes carpentry, construction, HVAC and building energy efficiency analysis. Increasing his HVAC services was what attracted him to the AdvantaClean franchise system. In addition to his duties in his construction and AdvantaClean businesses, he also is an adjunct professor in HVACR at South Western Illinois College.
- Having a healthy home is often his client’s biggest concern.
- AdvantaClean focuses on keeping homes and businesses: clean, safe healthy and energy efficient.
- He considers the markets in which AdvantaClean works and competes to be growing and changing. The consumer is more educated. In order to remain competitive they must continually find new and better ways to serve clients.
- AdvantaClean’s core values are: Community, Accountability, Respect, Excellence & Service.
- Phones are answered 24/7/365 at the call center where all representatives have undergone technical training in all of the core services.
- The franchisees building their businesses by focusing on building a strong referral partner network.
- Differentiates from competition with a servant’s heart.
- AdvantaClean is selective in terms of the services they provide, they call it “light environmental”.
- Franchisees are advised to steer away from fire damage and aren’t mandated or encouraged to participate in water damage program work.
- The majority of Phil’s AdvantaClean work is mold remediation (64%). He sees exciting great potential in “moisture control services”, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification and water proofing.
- An unusual and interesting project involved fungal contamination of a large and valuable gun collection. Work included: cleaning and decontaminating the vault and the collection and installing dehumidification.
- The industry is changing. Consumers are better educated and expect more. Service providers must learn and grow professionally in order to successfully compete.
- Property owners wouldn’t need his services if they didn’t defer building equipment and building maintenance.
For more information: