Air Date: 12-16-2011| Episode: 229
AerobioLogical Solutions, Inc & AeroSolver – Greg Weatherman is an industry veteran with a unique perspective on indoor environmental consulting and contracting issues...
AerobioLogical Solutions, Inc & AeroSolver – Greg Weatherman is an industry veteran with a unique perspective on indoor environmental consulting and contracting issues. His diverse background in various types of remediation along with his current emphasis on consulting for those with environmental sensitivities has lead to some interesting variations on the typical remediation theme. He authored the chapter on investigation and remediation of water damaged buildings in Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker’s latest book Mold Warriors and currently works with some Dr. Shoemaker’s patients.
The Weatherman’s forecast
Greg Weatherman (GW) refers to himself as a college dropout with a lot of curiosity and professional skeptic, who demands proof or theories he can test and confirm. GW has an established track record of assisting clients with health complaints and extreme sensitivities. GW is a Council Certified Microbial Consultant, contributor to industry standards and has developed a fogging method for removing airborne particulate. GW is passionate, outspoken and unafraid afraid to publicly mix-it-up with those with opposing opinions and positions in industry chat-rooms.
Nuggets mined from today’s episode:
· When selecting chemicals for use in remediation of environments inhabited by sensitive individuals it’s about toxicology.
· The swiffer the better. An advocate of swiffer cloths for microbial remediation.
· Citing “marriage to negative pressure” as an example, GW opined there is too much “group think” and prescribed methodology in mold remediation standards.
· PCR/ERMI PCR is an analytical test method. ERMI is a statistical scoring method applied to PCR results.
· Electrostatic cling. Prefers to surface sample on electronic equipment that retain soil by static charge removes the bias of foot traffic from humans and pets.
· Lacks confidence in HEPA filtration.
· Holds US Patent # 7,951,227 (Composition & Method for Dust Suppression) which GW touts as a useful, efficacious and cost effective process for microbial remedial, fire restoration, odor removal, etc. The marketplace will determine the economic success of his invention.
· Advises that we learn and adapt information and technology from other industries.
Today’s music: Blame it on the weatherman by B’witched.
Z-Man signing off